Friday, October 29, 2010

The Nightmare before Christmas!!!!

I LOVE fall!!! Falling leaves are possibly the most beautiful thing on the whole planet.






Halloween!!!!!

I love Halloween, but as many of you know, I lack the creative gene, and therefore dressing up and making cute cookies has never been my forte. BUT I love candy, and what holiday goes better with candy than Halloween??? If only we had a kid, it would make getting candy much easier. Until then though, we have to settle for having fun by ourselves. :)

Having said that, this week Colter and I have finally put aside schoolwork and work for one night to celebrate the ghoul-ish season. We relied on other people's creative gene and went to the Cornbelly Maze at Thanksgiving Point!



We finally arrived at Thanksgiving Point, after 30 minutes of sitting in pointless traffic. Stupid construction. Anyway, the first thing that caught our eye was the bull-ride. We didn't go on it, but we sure had fun watching people on it.



We found the kiddie play place and we thought these were too funny. Colter really wanted to be the dark pig... unrealized dream I guess. :)










I know I'll never be dark, so I stick with reality.
















Next was this beast! You had to crawl through the whole beast, including the heart. And best of all to end it- out the anus of course....!!!! We must be anatomically correct here, people!!! :0



They had corn/potato/pumpkin guns!!!! We choose corn, and was pleasantly surprised at the launching abilities. Who knew, right? I got it through the tire, while Colter "purposely" hit the pole... You decide the truth of that...




We were just in time to see the pig racing!!! So cute! I want a little pig now. I had no idea little pigs could be that fast either! We now can confirm that the little pig DID cry "wee wee wee" all the way home- or to his pigpen...



Next we tackled to Corn Maze! We decided to take the harder route, and excluding the inches of mud- made it through unscathed!!!!

















Sydney- this one is for you! :) This carriage was soo beautiful!!! I wish Sydney could have been there to see it.



The next adventure was the hayride, where two puppies in training sat next to us!!! We couldn't help but take a picture. The scary thing was that as soon as I stood up to get out of the trailer, I realized my phone was gone. After much panicking, we borrowed flashlights and walked around the whole trail looking for my phone. The guy running the tractor found it en route of his next riders. Tender mercy!!!!!!!!!



FINALLY, to round off this incredibly long post, tonight was our Ward Halloween Party!!! They held a chili contest and guess who won!!!!??? That's right! The non-chef!!! Moi!!! Thanks for the recipe, Dad! Guess people really liked it too- considering this is all that was left...

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the picture I loved it and miss you a lot. I Also like the dog a lot, he is really cute!!! I love you and miss you.-- Sydney

    That looks like so much fun. We miss you guys tons, we are having our ward trick or treat tonight. The Cinderella picture was perfect considering Sydney is going as Belle this year for Halloween. Love you all tons and miss you more!!!!--- Stephanie

    ReplyDelete