Friday, December 3, 2010

Turkey Time!

The semester is almost over!!!!!! The end is near!!!! Paradise is around the corner!!!!!! Ok, that's enough now. there's still a lot to be done before we can really say we're finished. Like finals. Yuck. Not going to talk about that. Instead, let's focus on Thanksgiving holiday!!!!!!

We decided to go up to Idaho Falls to visit my sister, Jaimee. Colter hasn't met a lot of the family I have up there, so it was a good opportunity. Unfortunately, a huge blizzad blazed through a day before, making 2 inches of pure ice on the highway. In other words, a 4 hour drive turned into a 6 hour drive. But it was worth it!



This is how we celebrate the long drive up. :) And this is how Jaimee serves ice cream.



We had Thanksgiving dinner at my wonderful Aunt Debbie's house! She was wlling to put up with more than 20 people for Thanksgiving, many of them being under the age of 10. I think my niece Liz developed a slight crush on Colter, considering this is only one of many similar pictures.



My cousin Alan and his wife Jessica brought some of their pets to entertain and teach the kids. Holy cow. BIG snake. Jaimee jumped on the table. Shanna stayed in the kitchen, and the kids, well, they pretty much were enthralled for an hour.



Of all the delicious pies, ice cream and cobbler, Liz and I go for the sucker.



Oh, and this is what Colter did the entire trip. And yes, he still loves me. What can I say, he's the best husband ever?! I know you're jealous. You'll nver find another man like mine.

In case you were wondering, of course we did Black Friday! We went to Walmart. Crazy. A small town of 99% Mormon Moms with 20 kids to each trying to get Christams presents. What were we thinking!? But holy cow did we do good!!!!! 2 dollar DVDs, a vacuum, and 2 sets of sheets. Boo-ya! Perhaps the most miraculous thing was no nail marks. After coming home at 4 in the morning, we slept forever. I don't think we would have woken up if it was Apocalypse.

After coming home, Colter's Grandmother took us to the Sing-along Messiah in Downtown Salt Lake! It was a ton of fun, though really heavy music. I enjoyed listening much more than singing.



Thanks for the incredible Thanksgiving week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment