Thursday, January 21, 2010

Birthdays, Research, and Work!!!



Happy January, everyone!

I now know completely what people say when Junior year is the hardest year at college. With 15 credits, and a part time job, things have been going a thousand miles a minute here in Provo. Exciting news though, I got on a research team!! I work with Dr. Porter, who studies infants and their attachment, cognitive, and auditory abilities. It is absolutely amazing! I get to play with kids all day and stick horrible caps on their heads. I love it though, it's an amazing opportunity.


Colter celebrated his 24th birthday yesterday!! He had to spend a lot of his birthday in classes, that's what you get for being born during the school year. We had a great time! I baked a super-deluxe chocolate cake and added chocolate chips. Then I put "Happy 24th!" on top in chocolate chips. (Colter loves chocolate) I also completed his favorite action hero movie collection: Die Hard. I found all of the first three movies for a smashing deal, and I also got him a wallet. All in all, I hope he had a great birthday! Next year I plan on throwing a party, since he hates attention and big events just for him...

Colter's classes are going great. He's flying through his GE's, getting his science ones out of the way first. His biology teacher is an big bug guy, and if you know Colter, bugs are NOT his favorite. It has been very interesting so far. He's taking Accounting as well, which requires 10-11 hours of homework a week.
Basically to sum things up, we're grateful for all the short moments we get to spend together. This semester is going to be the hardest we'll ever go through, but it'll be worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Hope Colter had a great Birthday. I can not believe that he is now 24... wow. We are so proud of you both. Keep up the good work. See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Colter-you are a good wife-thanks for keeping the cake standard at my level!! Keep up the good work and enjoy being in school-it will pay off!!!

    ReplyDelete